dry brushing; your skin goes for it
There is a simple wellness trick that takes just five minutes a day and will help you cleanse your body inside and out. Dry brushing your skin has a number of health benefits and is really easy to do.
How does it work?
Your skin is the largest organ in the human body. A third of your body's toxins are excreted through the skin. Dry brushing helps unclog pores and excrete toxins that get trapped in the skin. In addition, it also promotes blood flow, which has a beneficial effect on the processing of waste.
What do you need and how do you proceed?
- Buy a natural (not synthetic) brush with a long handle so you can reach all parts of your body. Elicious has 2 that are suitable, the body brush with detachable handle with pig bristles or the 100% vegan body brush with longer bristles of cactus.
- Stand in the shower, tub, or tiled surface to easily rinse or wipe off the falling dead skin later.
- Begin brushing by starting at your feet and moving toward your heart in long, circular, sweeping motions. Always move towards your heart and/or towards the lymph nodes.
- Brush several times in each area, overlapping each time.
- Be careful when brushing over more sensitive areas. Your skin becomes less sensitive the more you do it.
- Once you've brushed your entire body, hop in the shower. If you can, it is advisable to switch the water temperature from cold to warm and vice versa. This stimulates blood circulation and brings more blood to the upper layers of the skin.
- Dry the skin after showering and apply a lotion if you like.
- It is best to do this daily, but it is not realistic. Try to do it about 3 times a week.
- Remember to clean your brush once a week with natural soap and water. Let dry in a clean warm place to prevent mold from forming on your brush.
Try this out for 30 days and experience the result yourself 💚 Some benefits of dry brushing your skin:
- You exfoliate dead skin. This ensures that you have silky smooth skin all year round.
- It stimulates your lymphatic system. Dry brushing your skin will give your lymphatic system a boost, allowing you to remove toxins from the body.
- Dry brushing helps reduce cellulite. Cellulite usually occurs on the abdomen, legs and buttocks, but also on the arms. It is caused by changes in subcutaneous connective tissues. The result is the well-known orange peel.
- It cleans the pores and makes the skin less clogged. Brushing dry skin unclogs your skin's pores and allows your skin to absorb more nutrients.
- Daily brushing of the skin promotes healthy, breathable skin. It's a real treat for the largest organ in our body💚
Do you want to stay informed?
From our Minimal Waste Lifestyle, new products, fun promotions and blogs? Register now!